The Airbus Foundation is a corporate foundation under French law and was created in December 2008. The Foundation facilitates philanthropic initiatives worldwide.
The Airbus Foundation provides in-kind support through access to Airbus’ unique portfolio of high-tech products, services, know-how and people to help address some of the world’s most pressing problems, contributing to sustainable solutions for a safe and united world.
The Foundation prioritizes its actions around three strategic areas, developing partnerships with NGOs and associations around the world to deliver its missions: Humanitarian Aid, Youth Development and Inclusion Environment. All the Foundation’s actions are rooted in the core principles of neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
The Airbus Foundation missions
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is made up of members of the founding companies, external experts and employee representatives.
- Ms Julie Kitcher, Executive Vice President Communications & Corporate Affairs of Airbus and Chair of the Board of Directors of the Airbus Foundation
- Mr Thierry Baril, Chief Human Resources Officer of Airbus
- Mr Bruno Even, Chief Executive Officer of Airbus Helicopters
- Ms Amparo Moraleda, member of the Board of Directors of Airbus SE
- Mr Jean-Baptiste Pons, Head of Treasury of Airbus
- Mr Michael Schoellhorn, Chief Executive Officer of Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
- Mr Thomas Busch, Chairman of European Airbus SE-Works Council
- Mr Jean-Marc Escourrou, Vice-President of European Airbus SE-Works Council
- Doctor Abbas Gullet, CEO of Bomapanafrican
- Ms Claudie Haigneré, ESA former astronaut and ESA Advisor
- Ms Sherry Lassiter, President & CEO FAB Foundation
- Mr Onno Ruhl, General Manager Aga Khan Agency for Habitat