The Foundation provides in-kind support through access to Airbus’ unique portfolio of high-tech products, services, know-how and people to help address some of the world’s most pressing problems, contributing to sustainable solutions for a safe and united world.
The Foundation prioritizes its actions around three strategic areas, developing partnerships with NGOs and associations around the world to deliver its missions:
Humanitarian Aid, Youth Development and Inclusion Environment
All the Foundation’s actions are rooted in the core principles of neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
The Airbus Foundation brings added value to Emergency Responders
The Airbus Foundation has signed collaborative agreements with key players whose expertise and knowledge in international emergency aid establishes the role of the Airbus Foundation as a key player in the field of humanitarian aid by working with them.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is a worldwide humanitarian aid organisation that reaches 160 million people each year through its 192-member National Societies.
The World Food Programme Global Logistics Cluster (WFP-GLC), a branch of the United Nations, as a coordination mechanism activated to ensure an efficient and effective emergency response. It is composed of a group of around 700 humanitarian actors.
The Centre de Crise et de Soutien (Crisis and Support Centre) of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs(MEAE CDCS), supporting humanitarian aid requests from the French Government solicited to help populations affected by humanitarian disasters. Network of 160 embassies serving bilateral relations and 114 consular sections.
Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID), belonging to the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation seeks to promote the Humanitarian Action of the actors of Spanish Cooperation as a whole so that it is coherently inserted in the efforts of the international community
The Kenyan Red Cross Society (KRCS), which offers a connection to innovative products through a fab lab.
Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger – ACF), a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes, treating and preventing malnutrition across more than 45 countries.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian medical non-governmental organisation of French origin best known for its projects in conflict zones and countries affected by endemic diseases.
Fondation de l’Académie de Médecine (FAM), the Foundation of the Academy of Medicine, offers medical and paramedical training to doctors and develops innovative products such as bubble protection for helicopters to fight COVID-19.
Aviation Sans Frontières (Aviation without Borders - ASF), based in Toulouse, are experts in providing humanitarian aid through aviation services and facilitating the organisation of goodwill ferry flights with our Airbus customers. ASF reaches more than 30 non-profit organisations all over the world.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is made up of members of the founding companies, external experts and employee representatives.
- Ms Julie Kitcher, Executive Vice President Communications & Corporate Affairs of Airbus and Chair of the Board of Directors of the Airbus Foundation
- Mr Thierry Baril, Chief Human Resources Officer of Airbus
- Mr Bruno Even, Chief Executive Officer of Airbus Helicopters
- Ms Amparo Moraleda, member of the Board of Directors of Airbus SE
- Mr Jean-Baptiste Pons, Head of Treasury of Airbus
- Mr Michael Schoellhorn, Chief Executive Officer of Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
- Mr Thomas Busch, Chairman of European Airbus SE-Works Council
- Mr Jean-Marc Escourrou, Vice-President of European Airbus SE-Works Council
- Doctor Abbas Gullet, CEO of Bomapanafrican
- Ms Claudie Haigneré, ESA former astronaut and ESA Advisor
- Ms Sherry Lassiter, President & CEO FAB Foundation
- Mr Onno Ruhl, General Manager Aga Khan Agency for Habitat