Airbus Aerostructures is pioneering highly-efficient and sustainable aircraft production at the heart of Airbus. With this new company, Airbus is reinforcing its capacity to deliver a strong production increase in the coming years while making its industrial system future-proof and preparing the construction of emission-free aircraft by 2035.
Around 8,400 highly-skilled employees work for the company which manages and delivers rear fuselages and large structural components to Airbus. This includes the production of fuselage shells and the subsequent structural assembly and equipping, the manufacturing of vertical tail planes made of light carbon fibre reinforced plastic, and the production of complex thermoplastic CFRP clips as well as high-quality sheet metal forming parts.
The wholly owned Airbus subsidiary includes four state-of-the-art production sites in Germany: the Hamburg headquarters, the plant in Stade, and the former Premium AEROTEC plants of Nordenham and Bremen.
Airbus Aerostructures sites
- Headquarters of the board of management
- Competence centre for structural fuselage assembly
- Structural assembly and equipping of A320 family fuselage sections
- Structural assembly and equipping of the A330 and A350 forward and aft fuselage sections
- Airbus‘ most modern structural assembly line with robots, automatic positioning by laser measurement and improved ergonomics
- Leading global centre of competence for light carbon fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP)
- State-of-the-art production line for vertical tail planes made of CFRP for all A320 Family, A330, A350 and A400M aircraft
- Production of the A350 wing upper cover (one of the biggest integral CFRP components worldwide) and the A400M wing covers
- One of the world‘s most modern production facilities in the field of integrated shell production
- Production of around 5,000 fuselage shells per year with state-of-the-art automatic riveting systems
- Comprehensive manufacturing competence from shell production (metal and CFRP) via surface protection to the assembly of fuselage sections
- Competence centre for technology development, industrialisation and production of complex metallic and thermoplastic CFRP components
- Specialised in the production of high-quality sheet metal forming parts in three efficient production lines
- Response capability to urgent customer requests within 24 hours thanks to special speedline production line
Adjacent sites will initially remain in Premium AEROTEC GmbH and will be integrated into Airbus Aerostructures GmbH by 30 June 2025 at the latest following successful restructuring. Engineering, IT and parts of the central functions will already be integrated into Airbus Aerostructures GmbH from 1 July 2022 via a cross-company management, the employees will keep their Premium AEROTEC employment contract.
- Production of highly complex machined parts as well as turned and milled parts made of aluminium, steel and titanium for almost all Airbus aircraft, incl. A400M and Eurofighter
- Manufacturing and assembly of fuselage parts and heavy-duty structural components for commercial and military programmes
- Production and assembly of metal structures for almost all Airbus commercial programmes and the A400M military transporter