Digital Design, Manufacturing & Services (DDMS) is a digital-first approach to the way aerospace products are designed, manufactured and operated. At Airbus, our DDMS programme focuses on digital methods and tools for end-to-end business process that ensure we can reduce costs and time to market for our products, while meeting our customers’ expectations for quality, safety and environmental performance.
An Airbus-wide transformation programme
To better adapt to societal demand for air travel and to improve the environmental performance of our products, digital continuity across our industrial system and processes is needed. This is where our DDMS programme comes in.
This Airbus-wide digital transformation programme aims to achieve the following:
- Major breakthroughs and changes to the way we design, manufacture and support the next generation of Airbus products,
- An accelerated timeline to adapt our industrial production rates,
- Secure operational performance and industrial maturity starting from the entry-into-service phase,
- Reduced product development lead time and increased value,
- Increased customer satisfaction thanks to flexibility for later-stage customisation.
Our DDMS projects
This complement to the best-selling A320neo Family responds to market needs for even more range and creates more value for airlines by bringing 30% lower fuel burn per seat than previous-generation competitor aircraft.
Future Combat Air System (FCAS)
Shaping the future of air power
The Future Combat Air System (FCAS) is a key instrument in ensuring future European autonomy and sovereignty in defence & security. Furthermore, it strengthens Europe as an industry and technology hotspot, not just in the defence sector, but with important spill-overs into the civilian world.