Airbus focusing on A320 Airspace and interiors upgrade solutions
- Visit Airbus at Long Beach Convention Center, Halls B/C Stand #629 – from Tues 26th to Thurs 28th September;
- Debut of Airbus new A320 Family Airspace full-scale interior mock-up;
- Latest news on Airbus’ Passenger Experience (“Pax-Ex”) and future cabin concepts;
- Media Briefing at 9.15am local time, Tuesday 26th September.
Airbus showcases its latest cabin innovations at this year’s APEX Expo in Long Beach, USA – the world’s largest dedicated event for the in-flight passenger entertainment experience, connectivity and passenger services. Through its participation, Airbus will announce news and demonstrate its latest innovations and concepts to APEX members and the media. At the show Airbus will showcase the Airspace brand on the A320neo, A330neo and A350 XWB, complemented by virtual-reality demos for every aircraft programme as well as mini models of flexible seating innovations. The latest “Airbus Virtual Reality Passenger Experience”, powered by Inflight VR will also be demonstrated. In addition, Airbus will update visitors and media on its new interiors upgrade solutions.
New A320 Airspace full-scale mock-up unveiled
A highlight of the Expo will be the debut of our new full-size interior mock-up of the Airspace cabin for the A320 Family. Visitors will experience for the first time its passenger-pleasing features. These include: the new welcome area; the industry’s largest overhead bins – whose conformal exterior profile facilitates smooth boarding; the increased interior width; the soothing ambience of the latest full-colour LED lighting and a contemporary lavatory design with new comfort features.
For journalists in particular:
- Airbus will host a dedicated briefing for the trade press and also for the national and regional media attending the show, on Tuesday 26th at 09.15hrs (local time).
This will also include a special customer announcement.
- In addition, all our aircraft cabins – encompassing the A320, A330neo, A350 XWB and A380 – will be presented in full 3D using Samsung VR headsets.
Airbus’ space-efficient concepts go beyond new products: Airbus’ Upgrade Services will present its range of retrofit solutions and services. Cabin experts and executives will be available for dedicated media briefings and interview opportunities each day.