On October 26th, 2016 nearly 300 participants, including 190 top tier supplier representatives from around the world, were welcomed by host Martin Weichhardt, Head of Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, to discuss current and future business.
In the speeches and discussions both live and via an interactive app, the suppliers and internal participants were treated to insights into our Airbus Defence and Space Strategy for Growth and market trends, operational situations, as well as to the changes in global sourcing dynamics and digitalisation.
Throughout the day one truth in particular was evident, that the process of achieving operational excellence within the Supply Chain is continuous and not a one shot endeavour. We must all remain engaged, together with our suppliers and partners, in order to be competitive and successful going forward.
Airbus Defence and Space Procurement was also pleased to recognise 7 outstanding suppliers through the 2016 Supplier Awards. The winners were:
- Best Innovator Overall: Thales Avionics
- Best Performance ‘Equipment & Systems’: MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Corporation
- Best Improver ‘Equipment & Systems’: INDRA
- Best Performance ‘Services & IT’: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Best Improver ‘Services & IT’: DERICHEBOURG Atis Aéronautique
- Best Performance ‘Structures & Materials’: Airgrup S.L.
- Best Improver ‘Structures & Materials’: AEROMETALLIC COMPONENTS (INTEC-AIR)