Entirely financed, manufactured, owned and operated by Airbus, Pléiades Neo is a breakthrough in the Earth observation domain that will bring customers top-level service over the coming decades.
The Pléiades Neo constellation comprises four identical and very agile satellites, whose resources are 100% commercially available. Phased at 90° and operated on the same orbit, the satellites are able to visit any point on the globe at least twice daily. In addition, their reactive tasking ability means they can make urgent acquisitions 30 to 40 minutes following request and respond to the most critical situations in near real-time.
Each Pléiades Neo satellite, based on the Airbus S950 optical platform, will add half a million km² of imagery per day to Airbus’ catalogue, and bring first rate performance:
- Higher agility for increased scene acquisition density over area of interest and stereo imaging, thanks to Control Momentum Gyroscopes and compact design
- Improved availability and faster coverage, thanks to high satellite agility and high rate image transmission Improved tasking and download for better and faster decision making
- Possible in every orbit (multiplied by 5 compared to Pléiades)
- Freshest meteorological information taken into account
- Additional spectral bands: deep blue (bathymetry applications) and red-edge (crop and vegetation monitoring) to cover a wide range of high added-value applications
Thanks to an innovative ground based infrastructure, the associated images will be available straight from customers’ Direct Receiving Stations and through Airbus’ digital platform OneAtlas. Using big data cloud technologies for flexible, scalable storage and a searchable data archive, combined with data fusion from different sources, Pléiades Neo will facilitate development of next-generation analytics.