Which sources and what Personal Data do we use?
Airbus will collect, use and process any Personal Data you provide us or by using any other of our services (e.g. attendance to events hosted by us).
Some of the data may have been or will be provided by our partners e.g. BNP Paribas Securities Services for specific data related to registered shareholders, Seitosei regarding users of the call center and newsletter services, and other agents and service providers e.g. for website services, events, etc.
What are the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data?
Please note that we will collect and process your Personal Data in accordance with this Notice.
We collect your personal information in order to inform on Airbus, its financials, its products and other areas of interest for shareholders and other interested parties. Information includes regular updates on major events like publication of financial results, our newsletter to shareholders, investors and financial markets, invitations for events, surveys, dedicated campaigns and other elements related to Airbus business, securities and performance.
We use your Personal Data to communicate with you, including responding to requests for assistance. We can communicate with you in a variety of ways, including communications through email or equivalent electronic means.
We use your Personal Data to comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to an authority or court order or discovery request.
Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of policies, procedures and other policies.
What is the basis for processing of your Personal Data?
As a responsible company, we need a lawful basis for collecting and/or processing your data. We generally rely on a number of grounds (reasons) for our business processing.
We process your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions set out in the GDPR and the relevant applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations.
The legal basis for processing your Personal Data are:
1. Within the scope of a legitimate interest.
On occasion we may not need your consent to use your data, given our legitimate interest to do so but we must inform you that we do this. The grounds we identified are the following:
- Your individual interest as shareholders, stakeholders or investors of Airbus
- Airbus commercial and financial interests
- Airbus broader societal benefits
2. As a result of your consent.
When you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data by us for certain services (such as registration to the Newsletter and the recourse to the call center), you can withdraw consent at any time by following the instructions provided in the application process or by contacting us at email@example.com. For further information on the right of withdrawal, please see below Section “Am I obliged to provide my Personal Data?”
3. On the basis of Airbus’ legal obligations.
Airbus, as any other company, is subject to legal obligations and regulations. In some cases the processing of your Personal Data will be necessary for Airbus in other to fulfil these obligations.
With regards to the protection of your Personal Data, please note that we only retain the data we need and strictly in a proportionate manner to achieve the aforementioned purposes.
Who will receive your Personal Data?
- Authorised persons working for or on behalf of Airbus;
- Airbus SE and affiliates of Airbus, on a need-to-know basis for the purposes as outlined in this Information Notice;
- Our agents, service providers and advisers (e.g. third party service providers and advisers providing the variety of products and services we need such as IT maintenance and support, procurement services, compliance and security services, etc.) namely (but not limited to) Seitosei, the company in charge of managing Airbus Investor Relations and Financial Communication’s call center and newsletter services;
- Law enforcement or government authorities where necessary to comply with applicable law.
Will your Personal Data be transferred to a third country/region outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
Airbus processes your Personal Data mostly in the EEA. On occasion Personal Data is transferred to Airbus SE or affiliates of Airbus, on a need-to-know basis, including entities outside the EEA. This transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards, and through the legal framework of our Binding Corporate Rules, that can be found on our website www.airbus.com or viewed here Airbus BCRs or through alternative contractual frameworks where a third party is engaged to help us perform the processing.
Which countries/regions may Airbus transfer Personal Data to?
Our Binding Corporate Rules allow us to transfer Personal Data within our international organisation, and they include a list of countries/regions (below) which are structured to allow us to transfer Personal Data to the countries/regions where we have a presence. For Airbus, France and Germany are where most of our processing of personal information takes place and below is a list of countries/regions where Airbus operates.
Algeria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Czech republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Libya, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam.
For how long will your Personal Data be stored?
We process and store your Personal Data as long as it is required to meet our contractual and statutory obligations. If your Personal Data is no longer required for the performance of the contractual or statutory obligations, these will be erased on a regular basis unless further processing is necessary, for instance, for preserving particular evidence under the applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations, or in the context of legal statutes of limitation.
Please note that your contact details will be stored for 2 full years following the end of the calendar year in which you unsubscribed.
We use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorised persons.
Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
What are your rights and how to exercise them?
You may at any time exercise your data protection rights:
- Right to access/obtain a report detailing the information held about you: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed by Airbus and if so, what specific data is being processed.
- Right to correct Personal Data: You have the right to change any inaccurate Personal Data concerning you.
- Right to be forgotten: In some cases, for instance, when the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the Purposes for which they were collected, you have the right for your Personal Data to be erased.
- Right to stop the processing of your data: You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data by Airbus, for instance when the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data. In such cases, your Personal Data will only be processed with your consent or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: Under some circumstances provided by law, you have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit those Personal Data to another data controller.
- Right to object: Under some circumstances provided by law, you have the right to ask the controller to cease the processing (except for best interests).
- Right to object and to withdraw consent: please see below section “Am I obliged to provide by Personal Data?”
To this effect, please contact Airbus in writing either by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the address below, enclosing a copy of a document evidencing your identity.
Airbus SAS, Head of Data Protection, HAP, 2 rond-point Emile Dewoitine 31700 Blagnac cedex. France
Am I obliged to provide my Personal Data?
You may at any time object to the processing of your Personal Data or where your consent is required, withdraw such consent by contacting us at email@example.com; However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to access and use certain information, features or services of the Website.
To what extent will decision-making be automated?
As a matter of principle, we do not use fully automated decision-making processes. In the event that we should use such processes in individual cases, we will if prescribed by law, specifically inform you of this and of your rights in this respect.
Will profiling take place?
As a matter of principle, your Personal Data will not be processed automatically with the objective of evaluating certain personal aspects (profiling). In the event that we should process your Personal Data with the objective of conducting profiling, we will, if prescribed by law, specifically inform you of this and of your rights in this respect.
How can I contact Airbus in respect of my Personal Data?
If you are unhappy with the way in which your Personal Data has been processed or should you have questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you may refer in the first instance to the Airbus Data Protection Officer, who is available for enquiries or complaints, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to the address below:
Airbus SAS, Head of Data Protection, HAP, 2 rond-point Emile Dewoitine 31700 Blagnac cedex. France
Can I ask for assistance to the competent authorities?
If you remain unsatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority. Listed below are the four main European countries where Airbus operates and the relevant Supervisory Authority.
LDA Bayern: Supervisoy Authority for Airbus Companies in Bavaria, Germany
any other competent regional German authority as the case may be
Modification of the Information Notice
Airbus will update this Information Notice from time to time in order to reflect the changes in our practices and services and also to remain compliant to Data Protection Laws and Regulations. We will inform you of any substantial modification in how we process your Personal Data.