Claudia Nemat has been a member of Deutsche Telekom’s Board of Management since 2011. She was responsible for the Board area Europe and Technology until the end of 2016 and has been responsible for Technology and Innovation since January 2017.
Before joining Deutsche Telekom AG, Claudia Nemat spent 17 years working for McKinsey&Company where she was elected Partner in 2000, and Senior Partner in 2006. She co-led McKinsey’s global Technology Sector and had a number of interim management roles with global IT clients, ensuring disaster recovery of large IT projects, and acting as interim CEO.
She focuses on digital transformation, the impact of new technologies like artificial intelligence on business models, our work and lives, technology and product innovation, as well as IT transformation, security and crisis management.
She has worked in different European countries as well as the United States and was a member of the Supervisory Board of Lanxess for several years. Since 2016, she has been a member of the Board of Airbus, as well as the Supervisory Board of Airbus Defence.
Claudia Nemat studied physics at the University of Cologne and taught at the Institute of Mathematics and Theoretical Physics.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Airbus SE
- Member of the Board of Directors of Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
- Member of the Management Board of Deutsche Telekom AG
- Chairperson of the Supervisory Board of Deutsche Telekom IT GmbH
- Member of the University Council of University of Cologne
- Member of the Executive Committee of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik e.V
- Member of the Supervisory Board of T-Systems International GmbH
- Vice-Chairwoman of the Supervisory Board of Deutsche Telekom Security GmbH
Claudia Nemat, German