- Catherine Guillouard, Claudia Nemat, Carlos Tavares proposed to join Board of Directors
- 8 Board mandates to be renewed, including Chairman Denis Ranque and CEO Tom Enders
Amsterdam, 17 March 2016 – Airbus Group SE (stock exchange symbol: AIR) has published the agenda and other related information online for its Annual General Meeting (AGM) being held on 28 April 2016 at 14:30 local time in Amsterdam.
Among the proposed resolutions, shareholder approval will be sought for the appointment of three new independent non-Executive Members to the Board of Directors:
- Catherine Guillouard, aged 51, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Rexel SA and a Member of the Board of Directors of Engie SA, would replace Anne Lauvergeon, 56, whose mandate expires at the close of the AGM;
- Claudia Nemat, 47, a Member of the Board of Management of Deutsche Telekom AG and a Member of the Board of Directors of Lanxess AG, would replace Manfred Bischoff, 73, whose mandate expires at the close of the AGM;
- Carlos Tavares, 57, Chairman of the Management Board of PSA Peugeot Citroën and a Member of the Board of Directors of Faurecia (a subsidiary of Peugeot SA), would replace Michel Pébereau, 74, whose mandate expires at the close of the AGM.
Mandates of eight of the other nine current Members of the Board of Directors are up for renewal at the shareholder meeting, including Chairman Denis Ranque, 64, and Chief Executive Officer Tom Enders, 57.
The appointments and renewals of varying term lengths are designed to avoid large bloc replacements of Directors at a single AGM. This phased Board plan foresees that four out of twelve Directors are either renewed or replaced every year at each AGM in the future. If the resolutions are approved, the new Board composition would also reflect a more appropriate level of gender diversity, with 25 percent female Members compared to zero at the start of 2013.
A term of one year is proposed for Denis Ranque with the intention to renew his mandate for a new three year term at the 2017 AGM so he can stay in his position as Chairman for at least the next four years.
Tom Enders is proposed to be reappointed as Executive Member of the Board of Directors until the AGM of 2019.
The Convening Notice and Information Notice for the AGM are available online at: www.airbusgroup.com/int/en/investors-shareholders.html
About Airbus Group
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group – comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters – generated revenues of € 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
|Martin Agüera||+49 (0) 175 227 4369|
+33 (0) 531 085 826