Airbus Defence and Space SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
In the Secure Communications organization, NATO is one of the key customers and business with NATO has hugely increased these last 3 years (more than 50M€ per year).
A vacancy for a NATO Pojectt Manager (h/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space. You will join the System Programmes Delivery Departement at Secure Communications within CIS.
The position can located either in France, UK, Germany or in Norway. Local conditions apply.
The job holder will report to the Head of NATO System Programmes.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Management of the project, i.e. of its successful achievement under its technical, schedule, performance, quality, and financial aspects, at the customer and stakeholders satisfaction.
• Management of the Contract delivery and commitments, in close coordination with Commercial and Legal teams for related Customer Contracts set up and follow-up.
• Management of the Customer interface.
• Delivery of the Project commitments within the Costs and margin defined for it.
• Project planning and monitoring, and risks & opportunities management, to define Project delivery strategy, according to the Management Plan.
• Animation and coordination the full project team, consistently with the managers of the functional areas of Secure Communications and CIS organizations.
• Presentation of the Project milestones and ensure the Business Management System processes implementation within the project.
• Support to Sales team (in close coordination), for the content definition and cost estimate for offers related to the Customer Contract.
• He will also be involved in the preparation of the bid, amendments and follow-on business.
Bid management involvement and support of Sales and Business Development :
• Define and assess the schedule of the future project.
• Define and assess the risk and related contingencies register.
• Define the cost of PM tasks and assess the overall cost.
• Participate to the overall assessment of the proposal.
• Participate to the proposal negotiation with the customer.
• On a case by case basis and by delegation of the central bid management organization, may be responsible to manage and issue bid proposals.
This role will involve frequent travels for business in Belgium and rest of Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to an engineering degree in Telecom, Networks (or equivalent), Project or Business management.
• Strong knowledge of Project management practices, methods and tools (MS Project, …). PMI or PRINCE 2 certification required.
• Strong track record in large bid or project management
• Good knowledge of NATO structure and working practices and programmes management
• Bid management experience appreciated.
• Successful experience in telecom business.
• More than 5-year experience in Multi-disciplinary project team management.
• Strong leadership, and very good relationship and communication skills (internal and external) and a synthesis mindset.
• Customer oriented.
• International experience appreciated
• Negotiation level in English language.