Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
With the new challenges in terms of efficiency, quality and safety, Aircraft Control Modeling & Simulation Group is reinforcing its competence in Modeling & Simulation.
A vacancy for an Aircraft Control Modeling Specialist has arisen within Airbus Commercial in Toulouse.
Your mission will be to manage models products for Airbus internal and external customers matching the required safety, quality and performance levels according to Airbus systems engineering processes and the needs of our customers. To ensure this mission, you will have to capture the needs, follow the development, develop and deploy the solutions. You will be also in charge of defining the strategy for future modeling activities across all Aircraft Control Models and to implement it.
The Aircraft Control Modeling & Simulation team is a multi-competence team in charge of defining, realizing and supporting the whole Aircraft Control domain on modelling, simulations and associated tools with a transnational approach. The Aircraft Control domain encompasses Hydraulic systems, Actuators and Flight Control systems.
Tasks & accountabilities
As the successful candidate your main activities will include:
- Understand and support the aircraft control teams by providing quick and reactive solution.
- Capture needs and evolutions from customers
- Define the strategy for modeling activities and associated solutions in term of methodology, technologies and tools.
- Define, develop, validate and deploy the solutions
- Manage the subcontracting and the partnership
- Ensure the implementation of the methods harmonized across the domain
- Disseminate the new methods and associated tools
- Provide training and support to the customers
- Communicate with the other domains involved in Modeling & Simulation
The main customers are
- System designers on actuation, hydraulic, high lift, flight control computers
- Flight control laws specialists
- Handling qualities specialists
- V&V specialists
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
- 5 year degree in Engineering, specialized in Modeling & Simulation (or equivalent)
- Experience in Systems Modeling & Simulation
- Modeling language would be a plus (Matlab, Simulink, SCADE …)
- Basic knowledge of physical design, flight mechanics and avionics systems
- Ability to understand user needs.
- Autonomous and proactive with ability to understand the big picture and synthetize information
- Great communication capacities in order to liaise with multiple actors and interfaces
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Language Skills : negotiation level in English & French (desirable)