Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
• In all cases the successful candidate will be assisting in the following areas.
• They will support and leading the implementation of LEAN methods (5S, Visual Management, VSM) within MAIT area.
• Shaping the improvement projects together with our internal customers: Industrialization and Engineering.
• This implies starting with the definition of the target, measurement of the AS IS, analysis of the root cause, construction of the improvement, the associated business case and its application.
• On the projects of your portfolio: implement the improvements by diagnosis, moderation and coaching of relevant LEAN methodologies.
• Training the managers and employees to spread lean mindset.
• Proactively running analyses and initiating improvement initiatives.
• Challenging the company via external benchmarks, state of the art methodologies and a lot of common sense.
• The Lean organisation being transversal you will support projects outside of your portfolio, eventually on other business lines of Airbus Defence and Space and you will be supported in your missions by the rest of the Lean team, located on several sites.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Please note our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
• Knowledge of Lean methods: 5S, Visual Management, VSM.
• Basic knowledge of Project and Process Management.
• International experience and experience in coaching would be a plus.
• Experience in MS Office.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; Team player.
• Out of the box thinking and ability to challenge the status quo will be appreciated.