Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Ice Protection system engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse. You will join the service in charge of Protection systems as Fire Detection, Ice and Rain protection which help the crew to face adverse environmental conditions.
As part of the Ice Protection system group, you will be in charge of a portfolio of several systems such as Wing Anti Ice, Nacelle Anti Ice, Probes and Windows heating, Ice detection.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will be the technical interfaces with systems and equipment suppliers (Honeywell, UTC, Zodiac ..). In this role you will jointly work with Procurement and Quality departments. In addition you will perform thermal and thermodynamic analysis to assess system performance.
You will be involved in design activities at all stages of the product development lifecycle:
- Assessment of emerging technologies as part of R&T projects
- Design of system architecture with selected supplier
- Supplier management for developing system equipment (valves, sensors, ducting)
- Ensure integration with Wing, Pylon, Engine Air intake and interfacing aircraft systems
- Perform thermal studies to guarantee adequate anti icing performance and ensure compatibility with structural capability
- Ensure system verification by deploying adequate test means at lab and on flight test aircraft, including icing wind tunnel testing and flight tests in natural icing conditions
- Contribute to certification by providing necessary demonstration dossier.
- In service problems analysis and resolution.
Activities are conducted in close contacts with other engineering teams: Powerplant integration, Air Systems, Aerodynamic and Handling Qualities, Air data, Structural departments as well as Integration lab tests and Flight Tests.
In this position, you will be able to develop strong Systems Engineering abilities:
- Multidisciplinary engineering skills: Pneumatic systems, power electronics, software development, mechanical integration…
- Collaborative work in multi-functional team with Purchase department, Quality, Supply Chain, Customer Services
- Transnational working environment (mostly Europe and North America)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
- Degree in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge Fluid dynamics, thermal, thermodynamic engineering, structure/aeronautics
- Interest for scientific computation and modelization
- System Engineering
- Advanced level in English and conversational level in French
- Good communication and agility
- Team spirit
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in technical analysis
- Work in a multi interface environment with transversal links
Feel like you can tick some boxes above? If you have most of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!