Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary
- on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for an Analytics Functional Architect (m/f) has arisen within NAVBLUE in Toulouse.
Analytics is the Navblue big data suite of applications for analysis, diagnosis, prediction and prescription of the flight efficiency and safety relying on post-flight operational data for all commercial aircraft, Airbus helicopters and Airbus Military aircraft. The suite covers from raw data collection from airline systems to end-user’s applications, with an extension till aircraft FMS (Flight Management System) as part of the Tail Centric initiative.
You will be Logical Solution owner and will work alongside the IT solution architect to design the functional behaviour of the system. As such, you will also work closely with Analytics Product Manager and will contribute to the product backlog definition and priorization and the UX designers to ensure user experience and suitability successful implementation.
You will work within “Portfolio Development and Innovation” team within the Navblue Strategy & Innovation Office.
You will be responsible for defining and supporting the implementation of the overall vision of the product, functions, and features of Analytics program, between the different applications of Analytics and beyond within the global Navblue and Skywise eco-system. This will be done in close collaboration with the IT solution architect and the UX designers. The product encompasses:
o Web applications
o Data repository
o Certified FMS onboard software
o Approved ground applications
In close coordination with Airbus and Navblue relevant teams:
- you will define and regularly update functional integration needs and roadmap in line with the Navblue business and marketing strategies. Such product roadmap will consider (i) capability to generate synergies, (ii) technical feasibility, (iii) business objectives, notably in terms of profitability and time-to-market, (iv) applicable regulation, (v) available mature technologies
- actively contribute to the integrated testing of Analytics by providing guidance during the testing process
- contributing to Analytics product backlog management in close collaboration with the product manager.
- ensure continuous integration with Skywise platform
- you will also, as Product Leader, the ASSESS module of Analytics Innovation Program, which aims at developing new Big Data capabilities for Flight Operations assessment in close collaboration with and for other Navblue teams (Flight Planning, Airport & Airspace, Airline Solutions). This encompasses:
Grooming the potential use cases, analysing and prioritizing them,
Pushing promising use cases to MVC (Minimum Viable Concept) stage,
Animating the ASSESS team, composed of data scientists, engineering specialists and UX designer.
Regularly communicate to
Perform some use cases, as needed.
Your main tasks and activities will include:
- Define the functional integration roadmap of Analytics features in Navblue global roadmap,
- Ensure the successful integration between Analytics features and applications and all the relevant Navblue and Skywise products,
- Ensure the proper coordination and integration with Skywise platform.
- Support Analytics Product Manager in Analytics backlog definition and priorization,
- Support Analytics solution architect in implementation solution definition and trade-off.
- Work closely with Navblue Product Directors for functional interaction between products.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate, you should be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
You are an Engineer with at least 5 years of experience in System Design.
Experienced with FMS operations and development
Good knowledge of Flight Physics domain
General IT skills (WEB)
Good communication skills, synthesis, analysis, diplomacy
English : negociation