Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary
- on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Main activities of the role may include;
- Contributing to the design & development and implementation of Signal Processing solutions (e.g. in firmware) and testing against the target requirements. This will include the preparation, validation and application of mathematical models for simulation and analysis.
- As part of a team, reviewing, enhancing and developing the modem products’ feature set.
- Documenting and presenting your design with a view to reviewing it against the design review.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Studying Communications Engineering, Physics, Electronics, Electrical Design or related subject.
- A keen interest in telecommunications systems, their technologies and allied subjects such as Information Security
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.