Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary
- on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a Business Costing Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus OneWeb Satellites in Toulouse.
Your main tasks and activities will include:
- Establish, implement & maintain a basis of costs associated to company future Products and Programs :
- Cost base to be established and maintained in a continuous dialogue with the different internal functions and stakeholders (AIT, Design to Manufacture, Engineering, Supply Chain, …), for products (Company Products) defined through a description (hardware, services, …) and / or a Bill of Material : equipment, platforms, satellites, assembly line, flat sat, …
- Non-recurring efforts (hours and costs) associated to those products, or to the setup of a product, for the different levels of activities or services requested by the customers
- Recurring prices, including hardware and recurring hours, from various internal functions, associated to each defined product
- Work with Supply Chain to development prices from suppliers for defined activities: effort of industrialisation to increase a production rate, modification of existing design, development of new designs, …
- Base of costs to be set up, and associated activities to be prioritized, in line with the forecast of new business Proposals to customers.
- Market assessment : capture whenever possible, and maintain competition’s known or estimated prices for the equivalent of the defined Company Products
- You will interface with Design to Manufacture team, Engineering, Supply Chain Managers & Supply Development Managers, Heads of Procurement, Programs/New Business/Product Development, Legal, …
- This role will have to work closely with the Finance organization to understand the business costs/overheads, financial components and requirements. Experience in finance and/or with significant finance interface is desired.
- This position is based in Toulouse, France.
- To the New Business Lead.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate, you should be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
o Proactive and autonomous, agility, effective decision maker, team player, open-minded and willing to readily share information
o Positive attitude, high energy levels.
o Excellent communication and coordination skills.
o Strong networking and “people” skills.
o Excellent communication and technical levels of English (and French would be a plus).
- Key Engineering and Costing Skills
o Previous experience in cost engineering is highly desirable
o Strong knowledge of satellite development phases and involvement of various company functions : AIT, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, contract, finance, …
o Capacity to lead a dialogue with various technical interfaces, to define needed efforts and achieve accurate description of associated works and means
o Experience at executive level for presentations and communication
o Proven creative thinker who can bring a new idea successfully through to a execution level
o Proven cost, price & value analysis skills
o Knowledge of mass production constraints (in space applications, automotive, aeronautics, semi-conductor etc)
o Degree in Engineering or Business
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand for an extended period of time; walk; reach above shoulders; and stoop, kneel, bend, twist or crouch.
- Personal Protective Equipment many be required including safety shoes and glasses. Other protective equipment may also be necessary based on the specific task.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly, particularly in United States and Europe
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment can be busy, noisy, and conditions may vary. Also, contains some mechanical and chemical hazards