Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary
- on the ground, in the sky and in space.
One position for a Certification Qualification Engineer for Systems, Cabin & Cockpit Interior (d/m/f)
has arisen within Airbus Helicopters in MARIGNANE.
The Airworthiness Office (AWO) is the designated interface for the various Airworthiness Authorities in Europe, US, Canada, Japan, Russia and the rest of the world.
Its main missions cover the entire Helicopter life cycle, starting from technical involvement at an early development stage to identify and propose mitigation for certification risks and extending through type certification approval and foreign validation to supporting service operation by continued airworthiness management.
Within the AWO, the Airworthiness Technical Department (ATD) has the role of providing Expert/Specialist support to the operational certification activities and to maintain and enhance the AH certification/qualification knowledge base, acting as an AH Airworthiness Academy providing airworthiness guidance and supervising its right application. To fulfill this Mission, the ATD is organized in a technical domain structure, following a model of knowledge ownership.
For the Airworthiness domain of Helicopter Integrated Systems / Cabin and Cockpit Interior and Safety, the Job holder will take the role of Knowledge Owner, encompassing the tasks of:
- Managing airworthiness approvals and technical activities with Aviation Authorities
- Acting as an airworthiness technical leader for definition of airworthiness policies, strategies and standards.
- Airworthiness (AW) Regulations and Standards
- Airbus/AH technical and procedural referential
- Certification strategies and policies
- AH Position on regulatory requirements / certification basis / certification plan / means of compliance
- Approvals of changes to Type Certificate (TC)
- AH strategic position on new standards/Airworthiness regulations
The Job holder will define certification concepts, participate in the development of new certification strategies or policies within the Airbus Group and with external stakeholders. He/She will formalize the AH position on Certification Review Item (CRIs) or Issue Papers (IPs) for the assigned domain. Especially you will act as interface with Aviation Authorities at Panel level (EASA Panel 4: Hydromechanical Systems; Panel 5: Electrical Systems; Panel 8: ECS; Panel 11: Cabin Safety) for primary Type Certification (TC) and Major Changes and support foreign certification/validation activities .
For the Domain of Helicopter Integrated Systems, Cabin and Cockpit Interior and Safety, this includes as its main elements:
- Hydromechanical Flight Control System function
- Electrical Power Generation and Distribution
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems
- Landing Gear; ECS/Air Conditioning Systems; Internal and External Lighting
- Pilot/Co-Pilot/Passenger/Troop Seats; Consoles and other built-in Features
- Personal Safety Equipment
- Cargo Loading and Restraining Systems
- Cabin Markings & Placards
- Cabin Safety and Emergency Evacuation
The Job holder will establish, maintain and deploy
- inside and outside the AWO - certification methodology guidance, training and advice. You will monitor correct application of this guidance both technically and procedurally. You will be actively involved in the process of authorization of staff taking airworthiness decisions. You will keep a regular and active exchange on certification methodology topics within the AIRBUS Group and national and international Working Groups. You will be actively involved in the management of complex and/or novel Certification Projects in close co-operation with the operational teams.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Engineering :5 years & +
- Project management :Less than 3 years
- Aeronautic/Space/Defence certification
- you like to work in an international and intercultural team
- you can handle complicated situation as you’re a welcome problem person
- indeed you are customer oriented
- English :Negotiation level
- French :Advanced
- German or Spanish is always a plus
This position have been rather IIIA