Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work of one of our Future Project Office within Fuselage & Cabin Concepts? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) at the department Fuselage & Payload Accommodation (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Start: April 2019
Duration: 3-6 months
We are within Future Projects/Fuselage & Cabin Concepts responsible for the definition and integration of fuselage related items with respect to overall aircraft design and the corresponding analysis of competitor’s aircraft. A transnational software development team provides the tool environment to perform the required tasks. As intern you will act as member of this transnational software development team.
- Installation & configuration of the development environment
- Development of sub components, functionalities and interfaces between FPO internal tools
- Software testing and creation of initial input data
- Creation of user manual, test scripts and tutorials
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Enrolled student within Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar field of study
- Good knowledge of JAVA programming language needed
- Experience with development environment Eclipse RCP (or similar) helpfull
- Experiences in software development techniques are of adventage
- Understanding in preliminary conceptual aircraft design is of adventage
- English: fluent
- Basics in German would be a plus
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.