Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary
- on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a Material and Process Engineer Organic Materials (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Helicopters in Paris Le Bourget. You will join the department Organic Materials, Laboratory Materials & Process (ETLO).
Within the activities of the LMP (Materials and Process Laboratory) in Paris Le Bourget (mainly for blades and dynamic parts), you will be responsible for the management of the following activities:
In charge of a portfolio in Organic Material Activity (focused on a large range of composite materials and technologies, adhesives and assemblies, including critical parts concerned, integration of function for organic materials, ex elastomers, sealants…) o Materials & Processes Research & Innovation within AH and Airbus Group internationally
o Materials & Processes Qualification Programs including screening, characterization tests and results analysis
o Materials & Processes Obsolescence management, projects related to Health & Safety and Green Technologies (e.g. HAZMAT)
o Production and in service support associated with the portfolio (concessions, in service incidents…)
Manage the activity, the workload, the skills of the LMP Organic Assembly Materials perimeter for blades :
o Internships, subcontractors occasionally
o Transverse project management
o Portfolio required documentation (material data analysis, specifications, processes documents…)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to 5 years’ degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering, material sciences
- Aerospace background desired
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Material and Process technical expertise for composites and assemblies including a background in surface preparation, and various organic materials
- Knowledge about physico-chemical and mechanical test methods
- Project and transversal management capabilities
- Knowledge of LEAN methods (preferable), quality mindedness
- IT tools (material database GRANTA, MS Office)
- Accountability and structured way of working
- Willingness for continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and team player
- Readiness to travel and exchange trans-nationally
Language: Fluent in English and French, German basic level welcome
This position has been graded: Position II ou 3A