Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a Financial Programme Controller has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Farnborough.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Perform budgetary control role for 9 cost centres. Prepare variance analysis (actual v budget) and prepare annual forecast / budget information.
- Prepare workload information for workforce and analyse historical data in cooperation with current finance team and Zephyr resource manager. In relation to aircraft build; reporting of hours to build each aircraft and the various sub-assemblies.
- Assist with collection and maintenance of costing information for the final assembly and sub-assemblies of aircraft.
- Prepare capital expenditure applications.
- Project Reporting – reporting of actual spend and preparation of (EAC) Estimates At Completion for projects including capital expenditure projects and stock build projects in cooperation with the current finance team.
- Inventory reporting.
- Adhoc tasks to support business as required.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- Part/Fully Qualified Accountant / Degree in accountancy / Qualified by experience.
- Good knowledge of Excel and understanding of controlling and accounting processes and rules
Able to act as strong finance partner to project managers
- Experience of Manufacturing environment, knowledge of MRP systems.
- Knowledge of SAP / P6
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you