Unleashing the potential of data
In aviation, data used to be locked in silos for maintenance, flight management, aircraft monitoring and safety, and other critical workflows. Skywise integrates disparate data sources, enabling data to become shareable, open and transparent through the following:
· Data gathering: Extracting more data from on-board systems, as well as handling and storing terabytes of data
· Information comparison: Gathering, sorting and comparing massive amounts of data from different sources
· Data analysis: Identifying patterns within data to help find root causes, and the most efficient and least costly solutions
· Data simplification: Translating this information into human language using dynamic, tailored dashboards and apps to facilitate quick decision-making
Skywise will enable us to reach new insights into the operation of our aircraft, optimise our decision-making in maintenance, engineering and flight operations, and reduce our costs.
Tan Sri Tony Fernandes, Group Chief Executive Officer of AirAsia
Skywise draws on operational data collected from thousands of Airbus aircraft and other aircraft in subscriber airline fleets. All of this data can now be mined to provide invaluable insights to airlines.
Customer benefits include the following:
· Increased cost savings and revenue opportunities due to reduced operational interruptions
· Improved aircraft availability and optimised resources utilisation thanks to the enhanced offering FHS Powered by Skywise
· Improved fleet operational reliability and efficiency through predictive and preventative maintenance
· Rapid root-cause analysis of in-service issues
· Improved maintenance tracking effectiveness over time
· Optimised aircraft performance through flight operations data analytics