To meet the ever increasing challenges and ensure we stay at the forefront of the aviation industry, it is essential that we continue to develop the skills of our engineers, so they can take on increasing responsibility and progress their careers in a management, technical expert or architect capacity.
The implementation of Lean principles is a core, strategic objective within Airbus, and all Lean business activities are now coordinated at a global level by Lean Centre of Competence – established to plan, manage and implement the Airbus Lean strategy throughout the organisation.
Lean principles are becoming increasing important to the industry, and we are currently recruiting Lean Experts to boost our existing team, to plan and deliver operational efficiencies and ensure we stay at the forefront of the aerospace sector. Right now is therefore a defining time for Airbus, and an excellent time for you to join us and help shape the future direction of the business.
Lean principles will be implemented into every aspect of Airbus’ operations, from engineering, manufacturing and assembly, to non-technical areas such as HR and Finance. Joining the Lean team therefore will give you the chance to learn about all our business and provide you a wide range of career development opportunities.
- To work with the plant/unit management within specific business units (e.g. Manufacturing/Assembly) to improve efficiency and performance through Lean implementation.
- To identify the objectives/KPIs of the Lean project appropriate to each plant and work with the Plant Manager to challenge current thinking, and deliver change management programmes that result in tangible benefits over a given time period.
- To be instrumental in moving business units from a ‘traditional’ to a ‘Lean’ culture, and thenceforth to implement continuous improvement within their operations.
SENIOR LEAN EXPERTS
- To manage a team of Lean Experts to achieve project objectives.
- To focus on working with senior Airbus leaders (at CoE level) to embrace and drive the cultural and behavioural changes required to maximise efficiency and performance within the company.
Qualification required: A degree in a technical or engineering discipline is preferable. However, previous practical experience of Lean principles is crucial for these roles.
Experience: We are looking for people that have the experience and passion to be Lean ‘champions’ – both in the short, and longer term – so in-depth knowledge of Lean principles, hands-on experience and understanding of driving and implementing change processes, and a demonstrable track record of directly contributing to the implementation of Lean principles is key.