- An apprentice is a person who learns the skills of a specific career by receiving on-the-job training from someone who is already an expert.
- Apprenticeships offer the opportunity to gain experience by combining theoretical study with extensive on-the-job training.
- An academic degree conferred by a college or university after a person has completed the undergraduate curriculum.
- The Conventions Industrielles de Formation par la Recherche (CIFRE) is a three year contract between Airbus, a research laboratory and a student. It offers students in France the possibility to do research on specific subjects, combining fundamental approaches with the development of practical solutions in response to the company’s needs.
- Contrat de Professionnalisation
- The Contrat de Professionnalisation is a French contract that combines theoretical learning with practical experience and training.
- The Direct Entry Graduate (DEG) Programme is a two year programme (except for Finance, which lasts three years) that combines structured placements with focused training at our UK sites in Filton (Bristol) and Broughton (North Wales).
- Duales Studium
- Dual Studies are a three to four year education contract that offers students in Germany the opportunity to gain experience by combining theoretical study with extensive on-the-job training.
- A person who has received a degree from a university or college.
- Graduate programmes
- Educational programmes for individuals who have already obtained their basic degree, including those studying for a postgraduate degree or vocational diplomas.
- An undergraduate student undergoing supervised work experience.
- An internship offers students an insight into the working world of aviation and gives them professional experience during their studies.
- An academic degree conferred by a college or university upon those who complete at least one year of prescribed study beyond the bachelor's degree.
- The PhD is a three year contract between Airbus, a research laboratory and a student. It offers students the possibility to do research on specific subjects, combining fundamental approaches with the development of practical solutions in response to the company’s needs.
- The PROfessional and GRaduate Entry Support Scheme (PROGRESS) is a 24-month programme, launched by EADS (the Airbus Group’s predecessor), to support the highest calibre graduates and early career professionals. It is aimed at those who are eager to gain international experience in the aeronautic, defence and space sectors.
- The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) Programme is an international initiative sponsored by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment. It offers early career professionals the opportunity to have valuable paid work experience abroad.