At Filton we offer work experience placements across a range of areas including:
Information Communication Technology
ICT is the interface between software suppliers/developers and users.Services include:
- Development ensuring tools meet business requirements
- Testing ensuring tools are ready for deployment
- Deployment ensuring the successful introduction of new tools
- End User Support supporting users in the use of existing and new tools
- Data Exchange enabling design information to be shared
- Supplier Engagement ensuring supplier systems are compatible with ours.
Engineering – Systems
This area of the business is made up of two Centres of Competence:
- Systems Engineering includes fuel, information management and integration, environmental control systems and general systems.
- Landing Gear is responsible for the architecture, design, integration, certification and in-service support of all aspects of aircraft landing gear.
Engineering – Structures
This function forms the largest part of our engineering organisation. It supports the development of leading-edge, high-performance and cost-effective aircraft structures. In the UK, that means the wings for all Airbus aircraft:
- Design Capability develops approaches for design and manufacture
- Structures Analysis evaluates damage limits of aircraft
- Materials and Processes works with manufacturing on the development of materials and processes
- Research and Technology identifies ways of improving wing design to make it easier to build and maintain.
The A400M is a military transporter designed for harsh combat environments. Able to travel further and faster with a larger payload, it is economical to operate and packed with state-of-the-art technology. A truly unique project, it is our first purpose-built military aircraft and the first wing we have constructed primarily using carbon fibre. The demanding requirements have been met by some revolutionary solutions.