At Filton we offer work experience placements across a range of areas including:
Information Communication Technology
ICT is the interface between software suppliers/developers and users.Services include:
- Development ensuring tools meet business requirements
- Testing ensuring tools are ready for deployment
- Deployment ensuring the successful introduction of new tools
- End User Support supporting users in the use of existing and new tools
- Data Exchange enabling design information to be shared
- Supplier Engagement ensuring supplier systems are compatible with ours.
Engineering – Systems
This area of the business is made up of two Centres of Competence:
- Systems Engineering includes fuel, information management and integration, environmental control systems and general systems.
- Landing Gear is responsible for the architecture, design, integration, certification and in-service support of all aspects of aircraft landing gear.
Engineering – Structures
This function forms the largest part of our engineering organisation. It supports the development of leading-edge, high-performance and cost-effective aircraft structures. In the UK, that means the wings for all Airbus aircraft:
- Design Capability develops approaches for design and manufacture
- Structures Analysis evaluates damage limits of aircraft
- Materials and Processes works with manufacturing on the development of materials and processes
- Research and Technology identifies ways of improving wing design to make it easier to build and maintain.
The A400M is a military transporter designed for harsh combat environments. Able to travel further and faster with a larger payload, it is economical to operate and packed with state-of-the-art technology. A truly unique project, it is our first purpose-built military aircraft and the first wing we have constructed primarily using carbon fibre. The demanding requirements have been met by some revolutionary solutions.
The Finance department in the UK is a trans-national organisation, covering a wide variety of Finance areas such as Financial Reporting, Financial Control, Planning, Reporting and Budgeting. The devolved finance teams are integrated in the business, providing close support to the operational teams in the areas of financial control, planning, budgeting and reporting.
Airbus has a well-earned reputation for high quality after-sales technical support across its entire range of products. We can offer our customers additional value-added services and solutions that enhance customer profitability and performance. This means a different way of approaching our services’ business and encouraging true innovative thinking. The people who work in the Customer Services teams have operational experience of aircraft design, aircraft operation and the airline industry.
Airbus Procurement is responsible for providing externally sourced goods and services to time, cost and quality requirements as agreed with the Airbus programmes and operations functions. With the increasing challenges that Airbus and the global aerospace market are facing, Supply Chain Management is critical. The Airbus Procurement organisation – including supply chain and purchasing activities – plans, negotiates and procures all materials and suppliers used in the manufacture of aircraft.
The Wind Tunnel encompasses non-specific design activities that deliver data used for the detailed design of aircraft components and systems. The main areas within Airbus in the UK are aerodynamics, loads and aeroelastics, and mass properties.