Airbus covers flight crew training thanks to a wide range of competency-driven courses for pilots with different experiences and qualifications.
These include, among others:
- Entry Level Training (ELT) for ab initio pilots or pilots who do not have experience with jet aircraft;
- Airbus Pilot Transition (APT): the highly efficient type rating course;
- Cross-Crew Qualification (CCQ) courses, which give credit for previous Airbus experience to reduce type rating training duration;
- Initial Operating Experience (IOE) or LIne Flying Under Supervision (LIFUS), which immerses experienced Airbus instructors into operators’ flight crew;
- Airbus Pilot Instructor Courses (APIC) dedicated to future or experienced pilot instructors;
- Technical Flight Familiarisation (TFF) training for non-revenue technical flights;
- Airbus Crew Resource Management including Human Factors;
- Refresher, recency and recurrent training.
Airbus’ flight training concept is now reinforced with introduction of A350 XWB innovative training, which is focusing on pilots competencies. Based on the “learning by discovery” approach, the Airbus Cockpit Experience (ACE) trainer allows self-paced study and functional learning for theory and practice. Hands-on training is introduced in a realistic environment by using the Airbus Pilot Transition trainer (APT) and Full Flight Simulator (FFS) from the early stage of the course.
Airbus proposes innovative courses covering all flight operations-related activities to ensure safe, efficient and profitable aircraft operations, including:
• Safety courses
• Courses for management
• Courses for flight operations engineers
• Courses for flight operations line personnel
Flight safety officers and engineers, flight operations engineers, dispatchers, load controllers and planners are trained to acquire advanced knowledge of aircraft documentation, systems and computation programmes.
Optimal trainings are delivered using e-documentation and the most innovative tools available on the market: AirFASE FDA tool, Safety Assessment and Management System (SAMS) tool, Performance Engineer Programme (PEP), Load and Trim Sheet (LTS) software, FlySmart with Airbus on iPad® or laptop, Flight Operations Documentation Manager (FODM) etc.
Access the AirbusWorld portal through the dedicated login page.
Did you know?
More than 1000 course offerings are now available in Airbus training catalogue, for all aircraft types and personnel profiles: pilots, cabin crews, performance and operations engineers, maintenance staff, structure and repair specialists.
FAST #53 / JANUARY 2014
- Ground lightning protection
- Handling Qualities Analysis
- Towards a high European air traffic demand
- Volcanic eruptions: Ashes to AVOID
- FAST from the past
- We've got it covered
You may also download FAST magazine on the tablet App Stores, for an even richer reading experience.