AiRTHM - Airbus Real Time Health Monitoring
Real-time aircraft manufacturer expertise to improve customers’ operational performance.
Airbus Real Time Health Monitoring (AiRTHM) is a state-of-the-art service based on Airbus’ engineering expertise and A380 technology, allowing real-time remote access to more than 250,000 parameters (ACARS communication). The A380 certified uplink capability enables Airbus to further investigate warnings and faults, both in-flight and on-ground, to deliver real-time advice service.
A dedicated Airbus engineering team has been established to deliver AiRTHM service 24/7 to operators' maintenance control centres, relying on Airbus’ engineering departments and knowledge. This service is offered to all A380 operators and also will be available from the A350 XWB jetliner’s service entry.
AiRTHM service is fully integrated into the global Airbus services portfolio to maximise customers’ operations with:
- Enhanced aircraft operational and dispatch reliability
- Minimised aircraft grounding time
- Reduced costs
- Anticipated scheduled maintenance
- Early delivery of line-replaceable units (LRUs) with FHS components
- Enhanced aircraft on-time performance with full Flight Hour Services tailored support package (FHS-TSP)
Dependable operational 24/7/365 availability delivering customised advice service.
AiRTHM service benefits
The Airbus Real Time Health Monitoring service includes one core module, with two options – offering around-the-clock service tailored to its operators’ needs.
Real time flight watching
This core module for continuous monitoring of critical systems includes:
- Troubleshooting advisory to avoid and reduce delays and cancellations
- Confirming fault or identifying root causes
- Remotely checking aircraft conditions before dispatch
- Securing the operator’s next flight
Long-term and proactive follow-up on critical parameters with this option:
- Expert uplink to anticipate fault messages and check components
- Detects future problem areas
- Continuous data collection, monitoring and analysis
AiRTHM’s option for monitoring preventative measures:
- Weekly analysis to anticipate potential failures
- Prevents unscheduled maintenance delays
- Prior planning for required corrective actions
- Maintenance cost optimisation
Did you know?
When AiRTHM service is proposed into an FHS-Components contract, it will allow the airline to anticipate order of required parts to the FHS team. While integrated into an FHS-TSP, AiRTHM will be an additional piece of service for the Airbus TSP team to further improve the performance and directly contribute to improve your aircraft on-time performance (OTP), covering technical, logistics and maintenance delays.
FAST #53 / JANUARY 2014
- Ground lightning protection
- Handling Qualities Analysis
- Towards a high European air traffic demand
- Volcanic eruptions: Ashes to AVOID
- FAST from the past
- We've got it covered
You may also download FAST magazine on the tablet App Stores, for an even richer reading experience.