Airbus’ Cabin BFE Supplier Support Rating recognises suppliers for best in-service performance
At the 2012 Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg, Thomas Ehm, Airbus Vice President for Material, Logistics and Suppliers presented awards in recognition of those cabin Buyer-Furnished-Equipment (BFE) suppliers who achieved outstanding levels of customer satisfaction. The suppliers were identified through the Airbus Supplier Support Rating process which captures in-service feedback from over 120 Airbus Customers, operating over 90 percent of the Airbus fleet covering all Programmes. This detailed feedback is combined with industrial performance data from the suppliers, including spare part deliveries and repair processing times during 2011 to produce a detailed ranking, which leads the industry in terms of evaluating supplier support performance.
The awarded suppliers are as follows:
• AIM Aviation Henshalls, AIM Aviation Jecco, and Diehl Service Modules for excellent customer support performance as the Top 3 achievers;
• EADS Sogerma for excellent customer support performance as the best in class seat supplier;
• Rockwell Collins for excellent customer support performance as the best in class In-Flight Entertainment supplier;
• Diehl Service Modules for excellent customer support performance as the best in class galley & monument supplier;
• Driessen Aerospace Systems for excellent customer support performance as the most improved supplier.
The major cabin BFE suppliers on Airbus aircraft are rated against three criteria:
(a) The ability to provide continuously reliable equipment and the associated technical support; (b) Ensuring effective operational support services, benchmarked against the industry-leading Airbus supplier support standards; and (c) Customer feedback concerning cost of ownership.
“The supplier support rating continues to evolve to even better measure operational performance and Airline feedback. This allows Airbus to build a detailed picture on a supplier level to drive improvement, and the Cabin BFE rating is a great example of this,” said Mr. Ehm.
The Cabin BFE supplier support ranking is also published as part of the Airbus BFE product catalogue to guide Airbus customers during the equipment selection process.
The next rating cycle will be launched during the fourth quarter of 2012.