Airbus is committed to the sustainable future of aviation by providing innovative solutions to reduce environmental impact throughout an aircraft’s entire life cycle – from design and manufacture to in-flight operations and end-of-life management.
“The Perfect Flight” initiative by Airbus combines the most eco-efficient aircraft and operating procedures with modern air traffic management systems and sustainable aviation fuel blends to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.“The Perfect Flight” initiative – 1.71 MB
Airbus and its Airbus Group parent company believe protection of the environment is a global priority that requires engagement and responsibility by citizens, politicians and industry alike.
Eco-efficiency – which aims at maximising the benefits of Airbus products and services while minimising their environmental impact - is a major goal of the company’s strategic roadmap.
- EADS-Environmental-Policy-Towards-Eco-Efficiency-IssueA.pdf – 174.86 KB
- EADS-Environmental-Policy-Towards-Eco-Efficiency.pdf – 85.01 KB
The Airbus ACADEMY project - which stands for Airbus Corporate Answer to Disseminate integrated Environmental Management sYstem - is partly funded by the European Union's LIFE programme for environmental and nature conservation efforts.
To provide guidance to help implement Environmental Management Systems, Airbus has made available a series of documents offered here for download.
- AirbusACADEMY-LEAFLETACADEMY.pdf – 773.92 KB
- AirbusACADEMY-EnvironmentalRequirementsforSuppliersandmangementofthesupplychain.pdf – 953.52 KB
- AirbusACADEMY-TrainingAwarenessandCommunication.pdf – 1.17 MB
- AirbusACADEMY-MinimisingEnvironmentalImpactonAircraftMaintenanceOperations.pdf – 1.15 MB
- AirbusACADEMY-ProcessforAdvancedManagementofEnd-of-LifeAircraft.pdf – 1.35 MB
- AirbusACADEMY-SPOEMSgeneralpresentation.pdf – 2.73 MB
- AirbusACADEMY-Streamlinedlifecycleassesment.pdf – 1.14 MB
- AirbusACADEMY-DesignforEnvironment.pdf – 1.35 MB
- AirbusACADEMY-EnvironmentalAnalysis.pdf – 1.2 MB
- AirbusACADEMY-EnvironmentalReporting.pdf – 1.51 MB
- AirbusACADEMY-EnvironmentalTrackingRegulation.pdf – 1.43 MB
As part of ongoing efforts to reduce the aviation industry’s environmental impact, the Green Advanced Panels (GAP) project will provide a clean alternative technology for the milling of aircraft fuselage panels.The Green Advanced Panels (GAP) – 2.76 MB
Airbus-commissioned report estimates the far-reaching economic impacts stemming from the April 2010 eruption of Iceland’s Eyjafjallajokull volcano, which sent clouds of ash several miles into the air.
According to this study, conducted by leading economic forecasting consultancy Oxford Economics, the temporary closure of large European airspace portions that followed resulted in nearly US$5 billion of lost global gross domestic product (GDP).