Airbus acknowledged eight suppliers’ outstanding contribution and presented them with Best in Class 2015 Partner Awards. The awards, split into three categories - Best Performer, Innovation and Support - distinguish the outstanding contributions from the selected partners in the areas of aerostructure and material, systems & equipment - cabin and propulsion and general procurement.
The awarded suppliers have been selected by the Airbus Executive Committee in consultation with business stakeholders. Superior performances in areas such as pragmatic innovation, high quality product delivery and services as well as the importance of a strong collaborative business partnership qualify this year’s winners.
The suppliers awarded in 2015 are:
• UAC with Best Performer Award in aerostructure and materials for consistent delivery on Airbus expectations.
• COBHAM with Best Performer Award in systems & equipment, cabin and propulsion for maturity, for cross-programmes communications antennas as well as sustainability of excellent performance.
• ARITEX, P3 Group and HONEYWELL POWER SYSTEMS all won a Best Performer Award in general procurement, respectively for best improver achievements in jigs & tools, successful recovery on technical change management with on time - on quality delivery and energy efficient factory equipment, agile state of mind with proactive project management.
• RECARO received an Innovation Award in systems & equipment, cabin and propulsion for pre-developed and pre-certified seat option packages & active support on A320 Family ramp-up
• RADIALL wins an Innovation Award in aerostructure & materials for “Quick install Connector” on the A350 XWB programme allowing for time, weight and cost savings.
• ROCKWELL COLLINS AVIONICS is awarded with a Support Award in systems & equipment cabin and propulsions as being a consistent favorite by airlines, consistently voted n°1 in the annual supplier support rating survey and recognized for performance & commitment to customer satisfaction.
Airbus is proud to work hand in hand with such strong partners in a business collaborative approach towards achieving its challenging targets and objectives for the highest level of customer satisfaction.
In 2014, Airbus spent more than €32.4 billion with over 7,200 direct suppliers worldwide.